why ????

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Re: why ????

Post by Bill Bentley »

Pinky,

"I'll only ever take a knee for my wife and the queen", bless you, I had no idea :!:

On none of the three occasions that I have met and spoken with the Queen has she asked me to to go down on my knee. Not even Princess Ann suggested that on any of the three occasions that I have chatted with her. Prince Charles never even eluded to anything of the kind in our written communications. Perhaps I should count myself lucky in that although Prince Andrew and I fought the same enemy I have never met him face to face and it's likely very lucky that dear old Eddy has avoided me all of his life just so that he didn't have to make the suggestion, though either of the last two might have :o. Oh well, no Knighthood for me then :lol:.

Arnie,

who would ever have thought, except me, that yours would be the conciliatory voice of reason, bless you too !
I suppose it's my doctors fault, she told me: I'm organically very fit... in a worn out body. I guess that pisses me off a bit, because when the shit really hits the fan I shall not be able to get 'stuck in' as has always been my attitude to life.
That most people don't listen to me is nothing new, I have my loyal few and we are contented to just look after each other, come what will. Nevertheless it is a bloody shame to throw away such a potentially comfortable, dare I say, beautiful lifestyle for humans on this planet. Well, for about half of the humans on this planet that could have been so :shock:.

No I have never wanted to kill half of the population off, nothing of the sort !
But on an over populated planet it seems insane to me to:
Artificially inseminate and create life where it would not have grown naturally.
Operate on unborn babies in the mothers womb to create permanently disabled dependents.
Make it illegal to sterilize teenagers who are mentally or physically incapable of supporting themselves, let alone dependents.
Force people to survive accidents knowing that they will never regain physical and mental independence.
Legally prevent people who no longer want to live, because they are in grotesque pain, from gracefully departing.
And force feed and medicate those who are too old and weak to live naturally.

After following this insane course for a couple of generations we now have, so called, civilized countries where more than 25% of their populations are over 65 and so dependent upon the workforce. Another 25% are under age, not working and so they are also dependent. Another 10% are not and never have contributed to the welfare of others, so 60% want supporting by about 40% :? .

Me, simple as I am, just can't figure out how any working person can earn enough to feed themselves their wives, children, grand children and their parents and grandparents ! Here on our campsite there are any number of 70 plus years olds, themselves in a poor state of health, worrying about their poorly parents. It's fucking nuts !!!!

Ah yes, I would kill a few: Child molesting rapists, some murderers, quite a few bankers and businessmen (women, its) who have recklessly and greedily run things so badly that thousands of workers loose their livelihoods. Always on a case for case basis where there is no doubt of course ;) .

But it's the self named 'good caring people' and the doctors of this world that prevent all of these things from happening ! And the 'good and caring' now go out on to the streets and applaud 'heroes' for doing nothing more than their normal job. The rescue services, dustbin men, delivery drivers and many others have always been an integral, essential part of society that the 'good and caring' never gave a shit about before and will again forget them at the very next traffic jam.

I guess I was just born a couple of hundred years too late and my fight is often a lonely one, but that will not stop me from going down and enjoying a warriors death at my chosen moment :lol: :lol:.

No I'm not going to do anything silly, if I was I would not be telling anybody :oops:.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Hi Bill.

In your paragraph about killing just a few, you missed off your list Politicians, arguably top of the list, and definitely Lawyers! Joke; What do you call three thousand Lawyers at the bottom of a lake? A start!

Hey this is short, aint it? (must be ill)

Arnie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Hi there,
Whilst working in security in the Energy Sector of northern Alberta I worked with many ex Calgary and Edmonton policemen and a few mounties....they all to a man loathe lawyers, understandably too! My brother in law is a lawyer (yeah I'm not too keen on him) y'know who lawyers hate....real estate agents.....go figure! No getting out of those fee's.
ATB
Pinky