Israeli/Iran Conflict

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Re: Israeli/Iran Conflict

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

Hear, Hear, but what about our kids????
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Arnie, & all,

Sir Winston Churchill said: "History will be kind to me, because l intend to write it".
Rather well put and oh so true !

So it is almost pointless us going back a thousand years and more and discussing what might have been, based upon known history; because the winner of any conflict writes 'his story' and that becomes history !

The only thing that we personally may be certain of is that what has happened during our own lifetime and, maybe, that what our fathers and grandfathers personally told us.

The land, today claimed by the Jews, undisputedly belonged to the Palastinian peoples for hundreds of years previously. lt is true that the largely nomadic arabs did not recognise borders as we do, they moved around 'freely', so borders were, perhaps, ildefined.

The Jews occupied a large part of Palastine in 1948 and this ('illegal occupation' ?) has been disputed ever since.
The Jews were never satisfied with what they had (already stolen ?) and have continued to expand their territory, with violence and expulsion ever since. l have seen this with my own eyes and so this is my summary of reality during my lifetime !

In attempting to find facts (?) to continue our discussion l came across the following link:

https://interestingliterature.com/2021/ ... -analysis/

This analysis of the David & Goliath story reinforces my own belief that we simply can't trust or believe written history, it's all made up, it's almost all lies !
However, whatever happened when the Jews left, fled from (were thrown out of ?) Egypt, the land that they eventually occupied, a couple of thousand years ago, was itself not unoccupied, they (violently ?) expelled whoever was already there !

Maybe it was the Philistinians -/- Goliath but, as we can read in the above link, it sure as Hell was not David, King of the Jews, who defeated him -/- them; that's a myth, a lie !

The truth is: tomorrows history is happening today and an entire people are being murdered on their own land, in Gaza, this is Genocide ! Their hospitals have been destroyed, their kids can not attend school, their houses are nothing more than rubble, and they are starving, ill and dying as l write !

This is being done while the so called, civilized 'good people' are more concerned with sport, football, cycling etc. and the 'so called rights' of freak minorities and illegal immigrants crossing from France and Mexico.

Well l personally am disgusted !

What is happening in Gaza today is not war, this is murder and the whole of civilization is guilty of not stopping this MASS MURDER; therefore, also we have their blood on our hands !

Finally just to clear up a misunderstanding.
I previously wrote: that the Arabs had not 'invaded Europe' (meaning militarily). They arrived during the early 'Dark Ages' when society had broken down following the collaps of the Roman Occupation of Europe.
The Arabs brought science, medicine, and advanced engineering to Spain, the Alhambra in Granada being one fine example. After some 600 years here they were expelled by a very backward and perverted Catholic Church and their Crusaders. A very sick period in our history ... so nothing has changed really.

Y'all take care and stay safe !

PS As for the rise of Mohammed, this was also around the time of the collaps of the Roman Empire. Again Europeans had been in Arab lands supressing the indigenous peoples for hundreds of years ...
What would you have done were you a young arab back then ?
What would you do now, were you a young arab today ?
What options do they have ?
What options do we allow them to have ?

Who the fuck are we, to tell them who they should choose to believe in and how they should live INSIDE OF THEIR OWN REGION !?!

I don't particularly like the Arabs or their culture or their religion.
l don't even like our own modern woke culture or our own religions.
But what is right and good is right and good and what is wrong and bad is evil.
What is happening in Gaza today is wrong, bad and yes evil !

Returning to dear old Uncle Winston ... with regard to the illegal migrants arriving from France ...
We should fight them on the beaches, we should fight them in the air !
Those people are not running away from war, they are not poor: they are paying large sums of money to ILLEGALLY leave France, a safe EU country, to fulfil their own personal dream of living in the UK. In doing so they are harming our own people and our own social security system. They compete with our own children for housing, for a place in school and even for a doctors appointment in a desperately overloaded National Health Service. They form sub cultures and gangs and comitt crimes and openly fight against our Police on our streets ... SEND THEM HOME !
Last edited by Bill Bentley on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin »

Yep, Bill,
Now our Asian government ;) , are talking of sending British troops to Gaza. As our masters in the US, don't want to see any GIs killed by weapons supplied by the US. But the Brits won't mind. Go on Mr Sunac, send our lads to get killed again. :twisted: :twisted:
Then Holywood can make a film, on how the brave hero USMC saved the day. :twisted:
Arnie
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

Bill, there are more than a couple of statements in your last which I would disagree with but we could go on like this forever. You won't convince me by any means and I won't change your mind, so as far as I am concerned I won't submit anymore for this topic.

Stay safe and well and safe

Arnie :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

What annoys me is that none of the Arab countries will take any refugees in..........I think we all know why!!!

Pinky
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Hello Bill, Arnie, John K., Pinky,

I tried my damnest to stay out of this, but I couldn't resist! "Just when I thought I was out, you dragged me back in"!

I read your posts regularly, and I am always impressed by the vast life experiences you all share on this site. I would like to encourage you all to continue to contribute your honest and realistic opinions of world events. That way, I then, do not believe I am on this planet alone surrounded by a group of retards!

You are correct Pinky, these Arab countries should be doing more in taking in refugees from that part of the world, Iran specifically!
The wars/conflicts that are happening now, as George Galloway, Col MacGregor and a few others would say are "unjust". How do you get Western troops to buy into the conflict, if it's unjust?
Western governments have been infiltrated by the Liberal Left, and, it is now a shit show! In my old age now I try to laugh off the stupidity our present Leaders are displaying, however, the reality is, it's not funny!

Bill is correct, who are we in the West, to tell other cultures how to live?
The Western Taxpayers need to put a choke hold on our Leaders and stop funding unjust wars, and sending our innocent youth to fight their battles.

I wish you all well, and do not take our Western leaders too seriously, as they won't last.

JL/
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

John,
I was beginning to think that you had snuffed it, good to have you back and hear your heart felt comments !
Arnie,
don't give up on me old buddy, for it is when people stop exchanging views that the fighting starts !
l totally respect your views, knowledge and understanding and l often bow to your depth of experience ...but not always.
l am happy to be corrected, even though that ain't easy, because l truly believe in what l say and write, as you do !
Tis better to come to a consensus than to stop talking and start a war, as our leaders have chosen to do.
Nobody wins a war, everbody looses !
Keep talking, only then can we agree on a way forward that does not spill ever more blood.

John again,
Turkey has taken in 3 million refugees because of our wars, tis indeed a problem for them !
l am guessing that lran has also taken in their share, but they don't give and we don't publish such numbers ... that would make them look good and we don't want that to happen !

Y'all stay safe and well in this crazy world.
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
WARS - good business $$$$$$$$$$ for the west. In money not lives.

Pinky
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Post by JOHN LYALL »

I'm still here Bill, me and all my rowdy friends!

The new word in the Canadian Parliament is "WACKO". Gotta love it! Trudeau has been labelled a wacko Prime Minister. He sure is.
I would have to describe all these Liberal Leaders in Europe as Wackos as well. I find their example of Leadership disgusting. They will never be a success against the Russians.

I am considering a move to Manitoba. North of Lake Winnipeg. Indian country. Out in the country, no neighbours.

Arnie, radio check over........
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

John, and Yall,

Reading you loud and clear!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Agree about politicians, Headlines in the West Australian, our only " supposed Newspaper" here in the West, was "AUSTRALIA GOES FULL COMMUNIST"
Every time Labour gets in they go more and more to the left. When will the people ever learn? We have the same cycle over here. Labour gets in and makes a complete mess of things, Conservatives (called the Liberal Party in Australia) get in and, of necessity have to take drastic measures to fix the mess the Labour Party has left them. These measures are usually unpopular, so eventually, Labour get in again and so the cycle goes on and on. Even the 'Media' are crucifying Albanese, the current Labour PM, possibly as bad or even worse than Biden and Trudeau???

More to follow.

Stay Safe and Well