Israeli/Iran Conflict

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Israeli/Iran Conflict

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

Does the situation in the Middle East look as bad as it does here? What do you think the outcome will be?
The Weapons Industry will be rubbing their hands together, looking forward to all those profits.

My opinion but dare I say it. I have been predicting this since we were in Libya.

Arnie :( :( :( :( :( :( ;)
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Re: Israeli/Iran Conflict

Post by Pinky »

Peace is on the cards I hope.

Pinky
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

l have not seen any news for a few days as we are in the middle of a 6000km round trip, in two weeks, pulling a trailer, so tight on time

The last that l heard was that Iran had retaliated to the illegal attack by lsrael / the USA, against the lranian Embassy which killed several of their high ranking officers.
Normally such an irresponsible action is a declaration of War !

I'm guessing that this will have aligned wavering Arab States behind lran and that more serious things are now on the cards.
This will put Europe in a shit position with a new War to our South and still 'not all's quiet on the Eastern Front'.

As usual the shit stirers way out West couldn't give a fuck if we get snotted, THEY feel safe so far away !

I hear that THEY are retraining all Ships Captains to avoid low flying bridges in future, seriously though ... a very expensive way to kill a few honest Mexicans.
Down on the border things are much easier for those peace loving democrats.
:twisted: :twisted:

PS Which time in Libya Arnie ...
The time that you old boys talk about or when the Yanks ousted then had Gaddafi murdered ?
Arnie
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,
Bill,
talking about 1962/1964! You know the time when Ghadaffi, personally, assassinated the Commandant of the Officers School in Benghazi. I was Wavell Barracks Guard Commander the following day and saw the results of his handiwork, (body was in the Mortuary of BMH Benghazi, being prepped for burial the following day.)
You talk about other Arab nations joining in the fight. I don't see that happening, not on a large scale. Were it on the cards, they would already be there getting their arses kicked AGAIN! They apparently have had enough of the fanatical Muslims who are perpetuating the hatred against the Israelis. Even the Palestinians are sick of these people.
My limited understanding of the history of the region is as follows; in the late 19th and early 20th Century, on the creation of the Zionist Movement the Jews, worldwide, decided they had enough of being kicked around and decided to return to 'their' traditional homeland (pre the Diaspora in Roman times).
They started returning to now, Palestine. It was a dribble to start with, but grew. The returning Jews initially were, with Zionist money, buying the property. Something similar is happening today, but consists of the reverse,. Muslims, ALL over the world. Palestinians realised what was going on tried to stop it, something like what is happening currently, all over the world Being an Israeli/Palestinian quarrel it escalated.
Enter Britain, in 1917, during WW1, Arthur Balfour, signed a 'Declaration' known ever since as the Balfour Declaration. which promised the Jews a Homeland to the Jews. Trouble continued and became 'armed and desperate' during the NAZI period when even more Jews were emigrating to escape what was happening in Germany.
Britain (now Administering the country after the carve-up of the Middle East in 1918) in its usual way set a quota on the people who were to be allowed in, just when it was most desperately needed)
Brittain relinquished it's responsibilities in 1948, and on my birthday that year, David Ben Gurion declared the State of Israel!
I believe it was that day that most of the Arab nations declared war on Israel and all promptly, had their arses kicked.
A lot of the Palestinians fled and became "Refugees" in the surrounding Arab countries. Most went to Jordan, Lebanon and Egypt. As is their want the Palestinians stirred up trouble in these countries, possibly because they all were concentrated in, dare I say it, Ghettos. The first to kick them, still calling themselves "Refugees, out, was Jordan. These people went to other Refugee Camps in Egypt, Lebanon and Syria, where they continued to ferment trouble.
I was transferring into the Int Corps when the 6-Day War started 1967. Being a student at the Int Corps Depot in Ashford we all took a great Interest in this war. Initially, all the usual protagonists took part, except Jordan. Until the US and Britain (UK now) became involved, although they did not know it. The Yanks had an Electronic Warfare ship parked somewhere in the Eastern Med and the Israelis sank it.
They bombarded Jordan with bogus messages "To join the war or they would miss out on the spoils of victory. King Hussein promptly joined in the fray and as a consequence lost the West Bank.
There have been several wars since with the same result. The Arab allies seem to be getting fewer and fewer. In fact, in the current conflict, the Jordanians seem to be aiding the Israelis in allowing the RAF, USAF< and the French to use their airspace to get to Iran.
Backed by Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthi in Yemen seem to be fanatical Muslim tribes, who no matter what the Palestinians, Lebanese, or Yemenis want. I would imagine that the non-fanatical Arabs want no part of any of this conflict.
Funnily enough isn't it strange that the 'people' in Iran are fed up with the Islamic fundamentalist clerics ruling the country and are mounting protests which could escalate into a civil war.

Rant over, back to following Youtube.

Stay safe and well ;) ;)
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
Very interesting read that Arnie, thanks for sharing.

No snow today.......today is a good day.

Pinky
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Hi Pinky,
On the subject of the weather it is most unusual for this time of year. For instance, in WA the temp at this time usually is in the mid-20s but today is 34 C.
Brenda, who keeps an eye on the 'lying' TV channels. says the forecast for next week is due to be rain all week. Boy! do we need it in bucket-fulls?

Keep having your snowball fights :D :D :D :D

Stay safe and well and happy??????

Arnie
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Hi Arnie & all,

l do not doubt or dispute your knowledge of the recent history of the region.

But the poor Arab tribesmen of the previous couple of centuries, which we Europeans have always persecuted, are now some of the richest countries/ peoples in the world.
Their open hatred of us lnfidels is beyond our own comprehension and they (understandably ?) seek revenge for what we have previously done to them, in their own lands, and what we are still doing to this day !

For 'tis their land is it not ?

l have not found much, even in our own historical records, which records an 'Arab invasion of our shores'. When they came to Continental Europe, after the fall of the Roman Empire, they brought technology, sceince and great wisdom. 'Twas the bloody Catholic Church, who kept their own peoples dumb and in poverty and who rejected sceince and Medicine as 'the devils work' that ousted the Arabs from Spain and then yet again invaded their lands.
l say yet again because the Greeks and Romans had been there wreaking havoc for about a thousand years previously.

The Arabs have never been as evil towards the Jews as we Europeans have and l don't just mean Nazi Germany ... The Jews have been disliked since time began, don't ask me why, but there is bound to be a reason, there's no smoke without fire !

I find it somewhat confusing, when we all know about the evil child abusing Christian Churches - right up to modern times, the burning of the Witches, the Spanish Inquisitionn the evil and poverty of the workhouses and orphanages, the lack of voting rights for women and our own abortion laws in Ireland and the USA, that we still sit in our glass house ... throwing stones.

When will we ever learn ?
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

Bill,
in answer to your last question, NO! We will never learn. It will take a major change in human nature for this to happen, the loss of 'greed, aggression, and jealousy would be a good start.

In answer to your first question, 'For tis their land is it not'. The answer is the same, NO. Before the Jewish Diaspora of Roman Times, the majority of the Land of present-day Israel was called "Judea" and I would take a guess this name derives from the word, Jews!!! It was theirs for many centuries, if not millennia, with a sprinkling of nomadic Arabs, pre-Romans. (Note: I would also take a guess that they would not be some of the richest countries /peoples in the world were it not for people like Henry Ford and his ilk and our love of the motor car, coupled with the use of thousands of very poorly paid 'blow-ins' from nearby countries (Pakistan, Bangladesh and the like to do the work for them), the work being the extraction of oil).

As for taking revenge for injustices in the past according to my understanding of history (Pre-Islam), there were no injustices till the Crusades of the Middle Ages. In fact, the area was thriving with trade as the hub/meeting point of the Silk Road from the Far East.

Sometime in the 5th Century, Enter 'Stage Left' a guy called Mohamad(?), who took a walk up a mountain in, now, Saudi Arabia and in a cave spoke to Allah (God). Something like Abraham or Moses. He was, obviously, a stenographer for he took down word for word what this Deity spoke. 'Voila' Islam was born. Soon he had some(?) followers and they, on the urging of Mohamad, converted even more followers. I am a bit vague on what they were converted 'from'. It was following the creation of this (R)eligion that the Islamic warriors had great success, which must have been because of the promise of 72 Virgins if they died in battle. What a Scam? Where, as Billy Connolly asks, are they going to get these 72,each, from. I am convinced it was easy for him because they were 'poor Arab Tribesmen'. From the earliest days of the (R)eligion it was written in the Quoran, and it is still there, that they are to kill the Infidels if they will not 'convert'.

I will hazard another guess, that one of the main reasons for the animosity by the Arabs of the Israelis, is anger at them for showing the world what could be done with a barren land. As someone who spent 2 years in Libya it was obvious that they are a very 'lazy' people. It is wrong to generalize, I know, but generally, with some exceptions, they are very lazy. They occupied a very arid region of the planet for millennia and in comes the Israelis who have shown that with effort and ingenuity, much can be made of the land, in fact, the Israelis are exporting the knowledge to other dry regions of the planet.
They want and need a homeland. They have got their old one back and it will take a lot of effort to dislodge them.

One of the ironies of the situation is that the homeland they chose is the only one in the whole region with not a drop of OIL.

Lecture over. Sorry, Bill.

Stay well and safe ;) ;) ;) ;)

P.S. Bill your comment about no incursions into mainland Europe is proven wrong by your later assertion that the Roman Catholics ousted the Arabs (Muslims) from Spain.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

as an after-thought, could the worldwide movement of Islamists, mainly young men of fighting age, spreading the word of Allah, I have been predicting since Libya in 1962, be part of a plan to force the conversion to Islam, on the whole world? I know it is conspiracy theories going wild but it makes me, at least wonder.
I, an avid follower of the news for many years, (used to read the Telegraph early on in the army, and then the Conservative broadsheets in Australia) till it became glaringly obvious that the mainstream media are in fact spreading lies on a grand scale, now I have become very selective in what I believe.
Two glaring examples of the sort of lies they tell, believed by the Woke Left is that we, the public native to the host countries the refugees, many of them illegal, are being put into 'ghettos'. Nothing could be further from the truth. THEY are putting themselves into ghettos! They have studied the democratic system of government and realise that dispersed into the population they will never get political power but if they continue to live in a constituency, they become the majority and can vote in Islamic Representatives. The City of London and Sadiq Khan is a perfect example of this system working. In the City of Sydney, it started in a Constituency called Lakemba. now with several Islamists as Reps. It is only small things to start with, would you believe they demanded and got an Islamic toilet (the hole in the floor) in both Sydney and Federal Parliament in Canberra. In some of the Islamic Constituencies, they have even demanded the introduction of Sharia Law. Luckily they were unsuccessful, but wait and see!!
The more the Ghettos (Constuencies) proliferate the more power they eventually get. Followed by.........???????

Stay safe and well and look out for the bogeymen they are out there :o :o :o :o :o :o
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

What will it all look like in 50 years??????????
Todays under 40's don't seem to care about democracy, fair play, traditions or decency etc. The acceptance of the woke culture, the bleeding heart brigades and tolerance (of almost anything) will not help them.
Glad I won't be around.

ATB
Pinky