Busy night !

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Re: Busy night !

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
Very mild here in southern Alberta. Only 2 significant snow falls this autumn/winter so far - so I'm loving this climate change - lol.
I sometimes watch You Tube and enjoy people much smarter than myself destroy the many genders theory, Black Lives Matter organization and others.
I feel for the innocent Palestinian's but Hamas deserve what they get. No sign of the Ukraine - Russia war stopping, the ridicules' electric car revolution is insanity, the war on drugs continues to fail and finally I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year.
HUSSAR
Pinky
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Hi Arnie and all,
l looked up your Sam ... and listened with interest to how he castrated his opponent with clever words.
For me the problem is: both Sam and his verbal opponent are arguing over texts written hundreds of years after the events in question and after countless edits and then many translations. Personally l would call both versions 'misunderstood fairy tales'.
So to win any such argument is like pissing into the wind and staying dry ... lucky but no prizes won !
I guess the God illusion has been debunked often enough to be forgotten, at least not taken seriously anymore.
... And still people kill and die for one God or another, it beats the Hell out of me !

Christmas is nothing more than a consumer orgy and has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus Christ ... who, as l understand it, wanted a simple modest lifestyle without all the trimminngs.

Still, any excuse for a piss up, eh what !

My best wishes to ... the few good people in this world ... and you loveable vagabunds.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Bill,

I believe he debunks both religions, and as I said 'can't put him in either'!! Being a devout atheist I would be tempted to put him in my camp ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :?: :?: :?: :?:.

Shalom, don't know the word for "Peace" in Arabic, so it will have to be 'Namaste'.

Arnie
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Merry xmas to you all,

Yes Pinky, great weather. Climate change,hahaha! One thing for sure Pinky, that 40 below ugly weather is just around the corner! Those wearing the Burkas had better hope they are insulated! Dirka, Dirka Dirka!

I'm not one to get into religion Arnie/Bill. I don't much care if a person is catholic or protestant! As long as a person showed up with a pair of work boots and was prepared to get their hands dirty they were ok in my books!

Bill is correct about Xmas being a consumer orgy. It's just another day. Spend time with family, eat well, and enjoy the break! I have a friend who is a Family Doctor, and he was concerned about his patients and how they are coming to him in a depressed state because of the financial burden on them due to the Xmas spending costs. Doctors seem to take stuff like that to heart. I told him, shut up and get the beers in! hahah. No, I didn't, just kidding!
My advice to him was what I just said, eat well, enjoy the family, and enjoy the break. Anyhows, take care and enjoy spending time over the holidays with people that are closest to you.

JL/