What a joke !!!

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

What a joke !!!

Post by john kerwin »

Man wrongly spent 17 years in jail could have to pay THOUSANDS to prison service for 'board and lodgings'.
He was cleared by DNA. He was due to be released after 7 years. but he said. because he would not confess to something he did not do, he then spent another 10 years in nick. the whole Justice system needs to be updated.

Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Re: What a joke !!!

Post by Bill Bentley »

Keep on laughing John ...

Donald Trump is now being charged for what every President in history has done: keeping secret documents 'secret' !
He claims that he is being persecuted ...

My question is: how did Julian Assange and Edward Snowdon feel when they were (and still are) in the hot stool for publicising secret documents ?

Charging wrongly imprisoned citizens for the privilage of eating prison swill and living in a cell.
While so called refugees (illegal immigrants] get put up in 4 star hotels and nobody is asking them to pay anything back !
Our system is NOT serving the people, so what is it doing ?
In my eyes, a million pounds in compensation is hardly enough !
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Hello Bill, Arnie John, and Pinky,
How ya all doing?

I was with a buddy today having a pint, he's quite a character. He used to be in the Canadian Airbourne when it was on the go. He tells me, I have a pet duck, I took it home to meet the wife.
He says, this is the pig I was telling you about.
She says, that's not a pig, it's a duck!

He says I wasn't talking to you.

All the best,
JL/
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
Whilst posted to BATUS 96-97 an ex Canadian Airborne Lt Col was also sent to CFB Suffield.......a post normally taken up by someone not that 'keen'.
Those poor Canadian soldiers normally used to an easy ride at Suffield were seen doing daily PT on the Jenner highway. His punishment posting taken literally by his soldiers.........

Pinky
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Post by JOHN LYALL »

You are correct Pinky. The bottom line here is the Canadian Forces is vastly underfunded, and from an administration point of view, is a complete disgrace. It has been like that since 1980s, hack and slash!

In the 1960s it was a force to be reckoned with however, when Trudeau senior took over, he decimated it. They had a very large navy and Pierre Trudeau scrapped it! Probably pocketing the cash in the process.
They also had a very well-stocked and staffed air force, that saw service all over the world, including many U.N. Duties.
Successive Liberal Governments thereafter continued the hack-and-slash cuts, all the way up to Stephen Harper, who, did try and rebuild them and paying down the national defict at the same time that was created by these Liberal Goverments.
They treat their soldiers, airmen, and navy personnel with nothing but contempt. These people put on a uniform and showed up, and are still willing to show up even though these Liberal degenerants continue their disrespectful attitude towards them. It's disgusting.

It's the same with their veterans as well. Their is an outfit here called the Caniadian Corp of Commissionaires. It was founded in the U.K. I believe after the first WW. Their purpose was to employ veterans, give them a reasonable salary, and keep them occupied in a positive manner, by giving them meaningful employment through their retirement years. That on top of their pensions allowed these veterans to have a comfortable retirement.

AND GOOD FOR THEM!

Now, because of Pierre's son, this clown show we have now, Justin did away with that and has got rid of the veterans and is now employing immigrants from Pakistan or India, Sudan or wherever.

Not sure if it's true, but I am hearing hearsay that this Federal Government is considering shutting down Suffield and building real estate on it.

I am glad I am retired Pinky because I get really irate when I hear what this Federal government gets up to. They are, as I remember my drill sgt from the Gordon Highlanders saying, a f***** disgrace to the human race!

All the best,

JL/