News for us Down-under from the Northern Hemisphere

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

News for us Down-under from the Northern Hemisphere

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

is the summer so hot and tiring that everyone is incapable of putting their fingers on the keyboard and enlightening us Okker Aussies about what is happening up there?

1. Is that dastardly criminal The 'Godfather' Don Trump going to finish up in jail?
2. Is that Intelectual Genius J.B going to catch up to Elon Musk as the richest man in the World?
3. Is J.B.'s family going to finish up as powerful as the Corleone family?
4. Is Vladimir Pu tin going to win in UKRAINE(incidentally are we all on the site, not UKrainians?)
5. Is Boris going to return as PM?
6. Will somebody finally silence that traitor Harry and his extremely Narcissistic wife? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: (and where are their beautiful children(?) going to stay after the divorce?)

Just asking :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Keep safe and Well ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Arnie
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Re: News for us Down-under from the Northern Hemisphere

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Hello Arnie,

Been busy up here Arnie, my son went out and got married, he did it in Mexico. Very proud of him.

You ask what is happening in the Northern hemisphere, same ol same ol. The Political "Scientists" are busy peddeling their propaganda.
Trump you say, I don't think he's going to make it to 2024, the Biden Cartel are doing their best to destroy him. Yet, there is no one to take his place. We will have to wait and see who Von der Lying and the Minister for N.A.T.O. Propaganda Stolenburg nominate.

J.B. (Joe Biden) should be the richest man in the world having pumped some $200. Billion into Ukraine, but then again how much reached Ukraine, and how much went into a Swiss bank account?

Vladimir going to win in Ukraine? yes, I think he will. But what exactly is he winning?, the place is destroyed.

Boris Johnson and "PartyGate", the reality of that one is, who cares.

Harry and whatever her name is, there's a good topic., Evan though he is married to an American, that does not grant him automatic citizenship. He, (Harry) will be there on a resident's card otherwise known as a green card. He has to meet certain requirments while he is on that 5-year green card. One of the stipulations of application for citizenship is to practise good citizenship. For example, if the U.S. Department of Immigration and Citizenship interpret Harry's behavior or his release of personal information in his book "Spare" as being detrimental to practicing good citizenship, he can be deported as a person who exibits poor moral charactor. That seems to be where this is heading as there are people in the U.S. demanding to see his application for naturalization.
He should have stayed in the Army in hindsight. If I were in his shoes I would have been like Hugh Hefner, tits and fanny everywhere.

I have been watching this sub situation play out in the Atlantic. It sounds like the engineering that went into the contsruction of that submersible is very questionable. What is your thoughts?

JL/
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Hi Arnie, John L. and all,

been very busy, back in D to prepare our flat for handover. ln theory things couldn't be better, but 5k km just getting there and back each time is wearing. Then selling or giving away treasures is soul destroying. Worse still is the amount of stuff we still want to take ... l had to buy a new, larger trailer; another administrative challenge in low tech 'D' !
Solved that problem ... but where the hell are we going to put all the stuff ?

Who the fuck are JB and Donald Duck and l can't stand lying von Ursula or anyone else.
lndeed l have to ask is anybody at all running the West ?

As for Vlad the vampire ... he's very busy trying to stop a coalition of gangsters from taking over the fields that have fed the Rusian peoples since time began !

lt cost the Russians a lot to defeat the Brits in the Crimean War, Napoleon of France, twice ! And then the German Kaiser followed by Alolf Hitler. Each time the Russians lost millions of soldiers and citizens but they survived somehow.

Luckily this time around we, the West, have vast numbers of highly motivated Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen, sorry people, sorry he shes and its ! And endless supplies of weapons and ammunition, if only we had money to pay for them, to crush Vlad forever. And thankfully we have an endless flow of fearless fighters from all over the world keen to follow the ultimate British Warrior of our modern times, a nameless coloured, bi-homo with lesbian tendencie who is partly autistic with hint of mongolism, unbeaten on any closed circuit computer to this day !
So brothers, what have we to fear ?
JOHN LYALL
Service details: Joined Junior Tradesman Regiment 1972 in Troon Scotland, transferred to 14/20 Kings Hussars, discharged 1977 Warminster. Was in B Squadron and A Squadron. Posted in Hereford, Nicosia, and Warminster.

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Hello Bill,
Sounds like you have unloaded property in (D). Downsizing is a good thing at this point in life. Have you seen or heard about an organization called PODS? I have used them a couple of times, and I think they are worldwide. You can store your belongings in their secure warehouse. Parting with "treasures" is hard, I had to let go of tools that I had collected and used over 40 years, worth a fortune.

I'm not going to respond to the Political Crap that is going on around the world at the moment, other than to say it is disgusting, as most of us would agree. The Local government here is discussing "community gardens" where residents can go and plant and harvest vegetables. I'm like wow, you idiots are finally clueing in!

All the best,

JL/
Arnie
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

John,

there must be some OLD people on your Local Council. I say this because I vividly remember where I was brought up in Yorkshire during WW2 most people supplemented their weekly rations with a small allotment, which they diligently tended and grew ample vegetables. If I remember correctly (I was only 5 when the war ended) each allotment had a small shed that went with it. This was to keep their gardening tools in. My Nana and Grandad also kept pigs in their Council house backyard. Don't remember when the practice ended but assume it was at the very end of the fifties when rationing finally ceased. During these years of rationing, many is the nights I went to bed after a huge door-step sized, pork dripping, sandwich (YUMM, YUMM). Perhaps this is why I have, most times) tended to be on the chubby (fat) side.
Another vivid memory from this time concerned Canada sending a whole shipload of Apples to the UK and it was intended that every child, in the UK, should be treated to AN apple, for FREE. Should imagine that this is why I have always thought kindly towards Canada and its people.

Stay safe and well and have success in your Allotment :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Arnie
JOHN LYALL

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Hello Arnie,

Not sure if the goofs on City Council will follow through with the Community Garden Projects, as they are all talk and full of gay intentions.

Are you following any of this disaster with the submersible that went down in the Atlantic? I went on the you-tube OceanGate website and discovered that during construction of the submersible that their "engineers" glued 3 different types of material together. Titanium, carbon fiber, steel end caps.
GLUE ? Are you kidding me? How on earth did they expect GLUE to hold that together 13,000 feet below the surface where the pressure was some 6,000 psi? This guy was supposedly educated at Princeton University, as an engineer? Can you believe that? Wow!

All the best,

JL/
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
Lots on the news about that Titanic sub not so much about the hundreds who died on route to Italy. Immigrants, refugees or not -still humans.
Its a mess.

Pinky
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

I must say I am tending toward the consensus of many of the pundits I follow on Youtube that the MSM has latched on to this tragic event as a distraction from everything that is happening. Bill will know from his knowledge of mountaineering that at the time of a tragedy of someone being killed on a mountain is news for a day but is no longer news the next. It was inevitable that someone would die doing what they did but sorrow for the relatives but if you do dangerous things you should expect tragic outcomes!!!
Just my take on the matter. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Moral of the story, Don't go 13,000 ft underseas.
Arnie
JOHN LYALL

Post by JOHN LYALL »

Hello Arnie,

You gotta have a plan B Arnie, always. No matter what you do in life, you gotta have a Plan B.

All the best
JL/
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

l guess we all know the answer now: implosion !
They, and the Press, seem to think that they were some kind of great adventurers, like the pillocks that also pay a fortune to climb Everest.
For me they were just overly rich kids showing off, doing something that they were simply not cut out to do.
lf you want to do something extreme you need years of training and an abnormal body and mind, infact you need to be a special kind of freak !
Just paying to join the club don't make you superman, just buying yourself a skin tight blue suit and wearing your red underpants on the outside might qualify you as a freak, but it still won't turn you into superman.
People misunderstand, that's not the great American dream, that's the great American lie !
And when they start flying to Mars, will they be heroes or just idiots with a death wish ?
And what will their plan B be ?
Hold your breath and hope that mummy will pick you up again ... the world, or rather the people on it have gone mad !!!