One Word - Biden?

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

One Word - Biden?

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,
Brenda is pleading with me to calm down. Been watching the news coming out of Afghanistan. :( :( :( :( How can one calm down?
Although I predicted it years ago. Nobody has ever defeated these people, Alexander the Great tried it and failed, the British tried in the 19th Century, twice, losing an Army both times. The Soviets occupied the place for 9 years and 1 month, eventually pulling out with ignominious shame, after realising that they were helpless even with their tanks and artillery against a ragged, ill equipped army.

Then GW came with his promise of ridding the country of the 'evil' Taliban. Don't these people ever learn from history?
Now after 20 years, countless hundreds of thousands dead, Trillions of dollars wasted they get the picture. Unfortunately, the pull-out plan, drawn up under the Trump Administration, was taken over by the most stupid, inept, corrupt and senseless Biden Administration. I don't think America can recover from the complete chaos caused by this Administration, both at home and abroad.

There will come a time when they will have to go into another poor country and try and give them their culture. They will have make it an English speaking country cos they ain't going to get any interpreters. Also they will have to take their own administrators. Afghanistan has proved to the world that they are not to be trusted when they say "We will look after you when we go"! Sad to say I fear for their families, even more than for them, they did it willingly, but their families will also suffer fate which inevitably will befall their husbands

Biden said in response to a question asked by a reporter "There won't be another Saigon-like pull out, because we are leaving a 300,000 strong army which is well trained and well equipped against a 75,000 strong Taliban. The Taliban have already thanked him for leaving billions of dollars of equipment for them to really subjugate the Afghanistan people, and to deter anyone else from invading their country.

I wonder if any members of the Lame Stream Media are sleeping well at night? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Arnie
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Re: One Word - Biden?

Post by Arnie »

Addendum: As there is no OIL in Afghanistan, what are the Yanks doing there in the first place? Could it be that they hoped to stem the flood of Heroin, the only commodity being exported by them???
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Now I'm outing myself good and proper:

I was never a supporter of entering Afghanistan, though of course I shall always support our troops where ever they are sent to serve.
The same incompetent misguided intelligence that sent our boys in there also 'prepared this abysmal withdrawal' and so now even the blind amongst us can see who has been fucking things up so dramatically.
It is the same idiot organisations that sent us into Libya and Iraq and THEY are still trying to get us ever deeper into Syria and keep applying pressure upon Russia and China.

Just who the hell do THEY think we are, trying to force the hopeless ways of our so called democracy upon nations that have thousands of years of culture, THEIR OWN CULTURE !

If they don't want to let their girlies go to school, that's their business NOT mine.
If they choose to have arranged marriages, that's their business NOT mine.
If they want to circumcise their girls and boys, that's their business NOT mine.
If they choose to live in a tribal system and fight each other, that's their business NOT mine.
If they are royalists, communists and or dictators that's their business NOT mine.

It only becomes my business when they want to enter my country and bring their culture with them, that is where we should have always been stopping them. But no, we want to be multiculti, let every sick perverted dissident freak come to the UK and Europe to set up their resistance bases, making us the enemy of their homeland.

This is not racist rhetoric, foreigners who admire our culture and want to come to the UK/ Europe are welcome 'if they choose to live as we do' !
But most certainly NOT to bring their 'different' cultures and 'opposition groups' here !!
Of course they can enrich our own lives with their Indian and Chinese restaurants and I have nothing against them quietly praying to their own God's at home if they so choose. After all every English mans home is his castle, that is what we are (used to be) all about.

I have to confess that, although I have nothing to do with any form of religion, I am quietly praying that our service men and women are able to withdraw 'those that want to be like us' and get out and come home quickly and safely.

Because if it turns into a fight the immediate and long term consequences for the region, and for the planet, are truly frightening.
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Bill,
every word is a gem.

para 4. after your list of "not my business" is exactly what makes the Afghani such a fierce enemy. Apparently they were a very hospitable nation in the early part of the 19th century, that was until the Colonials in the "British" Raj got alarmed and sent some administrators together with some soldiers to 'show them the way to live' (properly).
They are acting exactly like you and I would if we had some pompous, arrogant, twat come and tell us how to live.

Just seen our PM Scott Morrison make a statement on the news. Apparently in our involvement in the place we also had interpreters. We made promises too. We closed our embassy there in May but not before everyone of our Afghani workers and staff and families had been repatriated to Australia.
They are now being housed and cared for here. Don't know how true all the above is but would love to think we are doing the right thing by them.

Where is that totally useless thing the called UN in all of this. Should be disbanded immediately!!!!!
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Arnie,

I see that we are largely alone in this, our way of thinking.
I guess that's the problem of standing up for what is right even when it is unpopular.

I wonder how things would have turned out if the powers that be had played the white man and honoured the promises made by T.E. Laurence (of Arabia) ?
Perhaps, just perhaps we would have been good friends to a moderate Muslim folk who might have sold us oil at fair prices.
So you see, I am capable of having nice dreams..
Dream on, dream on :lol: :lol:
Allen Jones
Service details: 1958-1964. B Sqn. Berlin-Bovington-Tripoli. Troop sergeant, 6 Fld Sqn RNZE (T).

Post by Allen Jones »

I have just listened to an interview on our national radio on this very subject. The expert, a professor Bose hit the nail on the head when he sheeted the responsibility for the Talibans success to Pakistan. Their ISI organisation supplied logistics, finance and intelligence to the Taliban. Over the years the Americans have been putting wads of cash into Pakistans coffers. That money has found its way into the religious nutters banks to recruit and support them in their endeavours against the Coalition. In the background however is China. They have been quietly mining in Afghanistan for many years and whilst Afghanistan has no oil there is certainly millions of dollars in rare earth and precious stones. Just saying :ugeek:
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

Ah! The blame game.

The potted history of "modern" Afghanistan started with the Soviet invasion of the place, where they found a fierce fighting population which has fought off many much larger foes than the Soviets. I know they kicked the arse out of the British Empire, twice in the 19th Century and they had a peace for many years until the Soviets invaded and tried to install communism. The Afghanis fought back so much that after only 9 years the Soviets pulled out. Unfortunately in that 9 years they, the Soviets, by killing their fathers, had produced thousands of orphans who, mostly males, fled to the relative safety of Pakistan.

Here the Taliban was born. All (?) of these very young male children were educated in Madrasas (Islamic Schools) which, allegedly, only taught the Koran. All day every day reciting passages from the Koran interpreted for them by obviously biased and belligerent Imams, interspersed with lessons teaching them to hate the Infidels. What do you expect of these, now adults, who know no better.

If you see film of the classes they spent their days bowing constantly while reciting the Koran. No mothers influence, nor any female influence, hence their pure hatred, and loathing of anything female, except rape, and the Infidels (whites) now that they are adults. Short of slaughtering these Taliban there is no hope of ever re-educating them to act in a 'civilised' way, particularly towards the female of the species. This of course is not an option which would be welcomed. Having some enlightened leaders that would instill a more tolerant view towards the Infidels and females might be a start.

Now that the Ham Shanks have been reduced to a nonentity on the world stage, just like the UK, who will fill the vacuum, the Chinese?????? Who was it who prophesised, "BEWARE THE YELLOW PERIL"? Nostrodamus????

It is frightening to imagine what would happen if they started exporting their philosophies into the Western world. Now that they are extremely well equipped?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So who is to blame? Islam, introduced into Afghanistan by whom?, and when? The Colonialists in the British Raj who became fearful of their belligerent ways and persuaded the British Government to do something about them, 2 defeated British Armies later, they gave up. The Soviets trying to impose a Communist culture on them, or the Pakistan Government allowing their Intelligence Services to take advantage of the flood of children, males, during the Soviet occupation and establish the Madrasas. Of course the Swamp in America, what the hell were they there for?

Only just, saying :( :( :( :( :( :(
Dream on, Dream on.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin »

All these free weapons, Humvees Blackhawks and all other gear the yanks have left them. And god knows what the rest of us have left behind. :roll: :roll:
What a well armed force the Taliban now are. :twisted: :twisted:

Bet they now have a Bank holiday to mark, TALIBAN FREE ARMS DAY. :D

Hope some of our guys used the Sugar ration wisely :D :D .
And a little bit of sand in all the working parts, of all vehicles left behind to keep the running well :D :D :D
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

Hi be careful how you take to Biden he has a chequered past

ONE FOR HISTORY BUFFS THAT I BET YOU DID NOT KNOW

In 1975, President Ford was left to manage the difficult ending of the Vietnam War. President Ford went to Congress for a relief package to allow American personnel and our allies to evacuate. However, there was ONE US SENATOR who opposed any such support. The result was the embarrassing and hurried evacuation from the roof of the American embassy in Saigon

This senator reveled in the embarrassment and did everything he could to leverage it politically against Ford. Despite the efforts of this U.S. Senator--President Ford managed to rescue 1,500 South Vietnamese allies prior to the country's fall. Had President Ford not acted quickly, these people would have been targeted and slaughtered for their support for America . When they arrived in America , President Ford asked Congress for a package to assist these refugees to integrate into American society.

That SAME troublesome SENATOR TORPEDOED ANY SUPPORT for these shell shocked, anti-communist, Americans and our helpers, the refugees.

Instead, President Ford had to recruit Christian organizations to offer assistance on a voluntary basis. As he did so, the Senator belittled those efforts. What kind of person would oppose President Ford's tireless work to do the right and humanitarian thing? Who would want to play politics with the well-being of innocent people who stood by America in the tragic Vietnam War?

THAT SENATOR WAS JOE BIDEN

From the book - "When the Center Held." by Donald Rumsfeld in 2018.(biography)

... spread it, far and wide!
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

As frustrating as all this is like Bill said "its none of our business".
The Americans are fools to themselves.
What's next on the agenda??

Pinky