One Word - Biden?

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Re: One Word - Biden?

Post by Bill Bentley »

In spite of all that has gone wrong, I am of the opinion that we have witnessed a miracle !
After 20 years of 'occupation' with far too many 'tragedies', the so hated enemy allowed our troops to pull out without slaughtering our comrades/ brothers/ children as they fled. History is witness that we (you) Christians have seldom been so merciful.

Perhaps the time has come to give the 'enemy' our hand and help them to repair the damage caused by past ignorance.

If we were to allow other peoples to live as they wish to live and mind our own business, perhaps, just perhaps, together we could actually do something to stabilise our climate, so that we can all cope with that what lays ahead and threatens everyone, regardless of skin colour or religion :idea:.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Hi! Bill

Only joking but you sound very much Martin Luther Bentley!!! :D :D :D

Ain't it funny that you have 2 of the Kings names for real. To an atheist, like me, he was still a great hero with what he championed, Civil Rights.
Unfortunately the people left in Afghanistan, particularly the Women and children, mainly the girl children are not going to have many Civil Rights, or ANY rights now.

Your neck of the woods Bill. Everyone suspected that the US, UK and NATO weakness in the debacle in Afghanistan would lead to troubles all over the World. First, I see the Argentinians are now trying to get a bill past their parliament declaring sovereignty over the Falklands. Any one from there, or anywhere else (UK) who does not agree with this sovereignty will be arrested and jailed if they are foolish enough to go to Argentina. It could be chaos if they want to take over the place, now that Boris has shown that he is NO Maggie Thatcher.

Yes we live in interesting times!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

just a thought. "If you ever felt useless, remember, it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, 4 US presidents to Replace the Taliban, with the Taliban". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Good on you Arnie,
as ever direct and objective.

Never met MLK though, like you, listened with interest to what he had to say. Had dealings with Jesse Jackson (a protégé of MLK) when state side, he was always trying to creep up my boss's arse and I had to fob him off several times. They are (were) both interesting people and it is about 'rights' ... for all of us, not just for blacks !
While their grand-daddy's were being whipped for singing in the sunshine, mine/ ours were underground down a mine or in a cotton mill, grafting for a miserable existence. No commoner had it easy back then.

The problem is: THEY that rule, talk about rights and make a big deal out of us commoners being uncouth with our choice of words, while ordering the murder and suppression of those that oppose their command, THEY think that they are God/s.

Being fair does not rule out slagging off 'shirt lifters' or calling a spade a spade, nor does it justify attacking them physically. Everyone should 'do their own thing' without poncing around or getting annoyed and violent all the time.

I guess THEY all think that they are Julius Cesar, keep us all at one another's throats = divide and conquer :!:

That said, it's not Boris or Corbyn, it's the invisible shareholders and industrialists who screw us all with every passing second :shock:.