why ????

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Re: why ????

Post by Bill Bentley »

Thanks for the continued input !

It's only by talking with people who disagree that we can locate the middle ground, the correct way ahead.

One fact is: In Germany, as if from nowhere, because of the lockdown a new political party has been formed, it is called Wiederstand 2020 = Resistance 2020. This party has, in just a few weeks, got more members than all parties other than the ruling coalition, which comprises of the CDU, CSU & SPD. That would be the same as a coalition of Conservative and Labour.
That's more than the FDP (Liberals), Greens, AFD and any other party that has been around for decades :shock:.

In fact their numbers would probably be much higher had their website not been attacked and closed down ... now who could be behind that ?
These people, it seems, are from the left, the right and many other splinter groups, could this be the new middle ?

Another fact is: Germany are now, in response, effectively lifting the lockdown very quickly. Would they do this were the danger real ? Or would those in power knowingly sacrifice their own families just to stay in power ?

Either way we shall know very quickly how dangerous the virus really is or is not :!:

Sweden, an otherwise exemplary country, did not lockdown in the same way as most other Nations and yet they have not had countless deaths as had been predicted by those supporting the lockdown. I wonder why ?

Not really wanting to mix all of this with BREXIT, which I supported, I just want to point out:
Europe, the world is changing, daily, and I still believe that an independent Nation State can react much more quickly in these times, for the benefit of our peoples.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

I am not too worried about the USA, India or other far away places, but:

In the USA the April unemployment figures are in: more than 20 million NEW unemployed, more than 30 million since the start of the corona madness. How many of these, otherwise healthy working peoples, lives will be ruined, shortened and terminated by suicide, and what about their families ?

In india 16 workers, who had been fired because of the corona madness, were killed by a train whilst asleep on the railway lines. They were trying to walk the 600 mile journey home, because the trains had been cancelled as a part of their lockdown and, dog tired, fell asleep on the tracks, for fear of wild animals. How many more 'lockdown tragedies' simply don't reach the front page ?

In the UK, if the press and the government were not obsessed with 'advertising corona' more might see through the madness of what is happening and what consequences the lockdown is having and will continue to have for a very long time to come.

I rest my case.
Woods 27
Service details: Served Jan 1975-Aug1987

Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne Northern Ireland Catterick

Post by Woods 27 »

Bill.

9 Chelsea pensioners have died up to now there will be some more because of how close they are living together.

Also the government say that schools will re-open on 1st June I would like to see all M P's back in parliament before kids are back at school.

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

Hi Tony,

yes, very sad about the Chelsea Pensioners. Theirs is inevitably their last post (ing). I wonder what the normal turnover rate is there ?

Yes again, I should like to see our politicians leading from the front, but they rarely do.

I too have just had the sad news of yet another old friend dying WITH corona, not uniquely because of corona. She had had chest problems for years and corona nudged her over the edge.

Nor are my family in any way immune: My edler brother, following a double lung transplant about 10 years ago, when he got 'pig flu' from the donor, has to be very careful. A sister is still working as a carer at 67 and must go into quarantine and another sister has MS, so their lives are not exactly easy.

Nevertheless, this is a fact of life at our age, nobody lives forever. Just look at our own Condolences list, 17 comrades have passed away so far this year. Only one had corona and dear Dennis had, in Ali's own words "fought through pulmonary fibrosis and prostate cancer", terrible underlaying conditions.

Only time will tell which approach might have been right and where we went wrong.
Certain however is the devastating damage that the lockdown is doing today and with every continuing day.

Those at risk must take necessary precautions, not the rest of the human race !
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

There is probably nobody still reading this thread, but just in case: (As there is almost nobody else keeping this site alive :? ).

The info portal 'Worldometers' seems to be a well recognized source of information.

Today they are reporting the world wide corona deaths as 304,768, that sure is a lot of lives, but placed against the total population is only 39 people per million, that's 0,0039% which is well within the expected proportional normal annual numbers :P .

If numbers are worth anything, why are the peoples in Africa and Asia, weeks later, still hardly being affected / infected ?

Being more specific: in the UK:

Total deaths attributed to the corona virus to date = 33,998 in about 4 months = an average of 8499 per month.

Further:

"Between 2000 and 2018 the death rate of the UK fluctuated between a high of 10,4 deaths per 1000 people in 2000 and a low of 8,7 in 2011, since when it has been increasing steadily, in 2018 it was 9.3 deaths per 1000 people".

"In 2018 there were 616,000 deaths in the UK !"

If you take todays given population of almost 68 million and expect 10 deaths per 1000 people we must expect 680,000 deaths in 2020, divide this by 12 months and you have to expect 56,666 people to be dying in every single month of the year, usually more in Winter and less in Summer because of any old normal flu.

So WHY ARE PEOPLE BEING DRIVEN TO PANIC ABOUT CORONA, when the given numbers just do NOT give reasonable cause ?

Do the numbers for yourself, trust nobody, why are the press not exposing these facts ?

All sources warn us that corona will be with us for years ! How long are you willing to be in lockdown ?
The worlds economy sadly depends upon the USA who have lost 36 million jobs since the corona lockdown started.
The UK will undoubtedly also loose many jobs, tax revenues will be decimated, if this lockdown goes on brutal inflation will follow, house prices will fall, the value of the penny in you pocket will evaporate. Think for yourself while you are still allowed to :? .

PS:
As a former Paramedic (REMT: Registered Emergency Medical Technician) I was taken back to learn that, in Germany, because of corona 'first Aiders' have been instructed not to do 'mouth to mouth' during resuscitation. This means that people are dying following accidents who might normally have been easy to save and should have had an excellent chance of a full recovery. I have said it before this crazy corona crisis is killing more people than what the virus itself is capable of, utter madness !
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
You might very well be right Bil, even more reasons not to drop our guard.
ATB
Pinky
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Bill, Pinky and the (in Churchills words The Few) I must say I agree with you Bill, I think we are being taken for a very big ride. I don't think all is not well in the state of Denmark, as Edward De Vere (Shakespeare stole all the words right out from under his pen) said.
There are too many eminent Scientists and Doctors of Virology coming out and saying this nutter of a Dr Fauci in the States is criminally wrong. Anybody in any doubt, You Tube: Dr Rashid Buttar, and his like, are disputing every thing he is saying. Funny but you have to be quick researching them for they are being withdrawn from the Internet. One woman Scientist wrote a paper giving the truth about this virus and a possible vaccine. She has been ruined by the system, reputationally and financially. Would you believe she did work for Fauci, who demanded to see her paper on the subject, she refused but gave it to her immediate boss, who was a friend of Fauci. It seems very funny that the patent on the vaccine was issued in the name of the guy she gave the paper to and a company that Fauci is a large investor in.

Anyway my opinion is that we are being persuaded that there is a lot to fear in this pandemic un-necessarily.

Arnie :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

Pinky,

everybody to their own opinion :roll:.

Arnie,

I have been wondering where you have been, hope all is well ;).

Also, I can confirm your point about information being removed from Youtube, Facebook etc., people are sending me scientific reports that I can not open just hours later because: 'They do not conform to editing standards'. What ever happened to 'freedom of information' and the democratic right to make up your own mind ?

Good to have 3 continents back on site giving an international view on things 8-).

You all take care and keep posting ... I was starting to think that I was the last man standing :lol: :lol:.
Arnie
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Bill, with your constitution and vigour you will no doubt be the last man standing. I will be cheering you on all the way to the finish line.
As to the question where I have been, I seem to be one of the idiots thumbing his nose at the lockdown rules. I have been shopping almost every day and conveniently leave off one or two items that I have to go for next day. Mind you we in Ossie are not as stringently 'policed' as you in the UK or Europe. Plus I am constantly on the Internet trying to keep up to date????

Arnie :D :D :D :D :D :D
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Incidentally John, your bus shelters in Morcombe must be getting crowded with the virus victims, all sat there with Bingo tickets in their hands?

Arnie ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)