75th Anniversary

Keep track of what's happening as we prepare for yet another visit. Report and photos to come following the event.
Lisa Rae
Service details: I found my Grandads war grave in Fienza - he died in a tank in Medicina

75th Anniversary

Post by Lisa Rae »

Hello 14th/20th Hussars Medicina - I just wanted to thank you for letting me join this group (again) - I did join previously but had a problem with my internet! I know you were planning a trip for the 75th Anniversary of the battle at Medicina - I suppose that hasn't happened now which is so upsetting - I just wanted to send you my very best wishes - thankyou for keeping the battle at Medicina in your memories and to the people who maintain the war graves - as the Grandaughter of Charlie Nixon, I hope that I might be able to join you at Fienza to lay some flowers one day - in the meantime I just wanted to say 'Thankyou 14th/20th King's Hussars' and send lots of love and respect x
Lisa Rae
Service details: I found my Grandads war grave in Fienza - he died in a tank in Medicina

Re: 75th Anniversary

Post by Lisa Rae »

Hello - it’s Lisa Rae again - is anyone able to respond about Medicina - it’s not a problem - I would just like to connect x
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Hi Lisa,
If you keep following the forums any update or news about a visit will be posted.
Also if you use Facebook the regiment has 3 sites ( I know 3 is crazy??????)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoahsArcHome/

Above is one of them, lots of folk on there to help out.

All the best
Pinky
Respect to your Grandad, yourself and your family.
Lisa Rae

Post by Lisa Rae »

Thanks Pinki - I screwed up and had to log in again! What an idiot! Would so love to keep in touch if that’s OK with you? Bit of a wimp - I need to go to sleep now - not like my Grandad and you lot - braver than I could ever be - I’m so sad that I couldn’t be in Fienza this year - the 75th Anniversary - I will be there as soon as I can - take special care 🙏🏼❤️
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
I live in Canada and don't plan on going to Italy (unless I win the lottery)I read most posts but don't follow the Medicina link often.
Bob Harrison our founding member and the star who runs this website has been and would almost certainly be involved in anything Medicina would be the guy to keep an eye on. Either way - you will know everything relevant when its time.
Have a super day.
Pinky