New NOAHs Arc

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

New NOAHs Arc

Post by Arnie »

Hi all the Stalwarts who have so far RE-registered

I would like to say a very heartfelt thank you to Bob Harrison,who rescued the remnants of the Website of the finest Regiment in the history of the British Army. Having started the site he took a well deserved retirement from the active Administration of it only to have someone, by their actions, devastate what had been a great site. I know Facebook had a lot to do with diminishing submissions of members, but we the staunch contributors enjoyed lecturing and being lectured to by others, (are you listening Bill) so lets us see if we can, in the New Year, revive the spirit which had always been shown by the ex-Members (F..king Shower) who marched to "Sussex By the Sea".

Have a very Prosperous and Happy New Year.

Arnie and Brenda :D
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Re: New NOAHs Arc

Post by Pinky »

'What he said'

Pinky
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

Agree with all you said Arnie we must keep this site going for others as well as ourselves Have a great 2020 hope the fires are not in your domain.
Mic :lol: k/Marion :roll: :lol:
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Mick, thank you for the greeting. The only time I was inconvenienced by the fires was mid Dec when Brenda and I took off with my son Jason, his wife and their 15 month old son who is an absolute delight. We drove to Monkey Mia on Shark Bay, just under a 1000 kms. Basically we were baby sitters while he and his missus snorkelled and fished. You may have heard of Monkey Mia, strictly controlled, you can wade in the water and Dolphins swim between your legs. Took us 3 days to get there and as usual after 3 days there it took us one day to get back. On the way up we were diverted way inland because of the bush fires but they had subsided by the time we were coming back.
The real fires have been devastating the Eastern States. I firmly believe the Greenies and Treehuggers are responsible. The Aborigines have been subject to bush fires for thousands of years. They do this by a system of what is called back burning, they burn all the underbrush which fuels all these major fires. Along comes the Greenies and Treehuggers and persuade the government to ban back burning (controlled eradication of the underbrush)
Bush fire starts and all this tinder dry brush grabs hold till it is a major conflagration, very very difficult to put out. Voile (?)
Have a wonderful New Years Eve Brenda and I will be staying home and vegging. All the best for you and yours!!!
Brenda and Arnie.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

How could I not be listening to (reading) Arnies Bible 🤔.
Glad to hear that you bush babies are safe, well and enjoying life.
Don't much fancy having dolphins zipping between my legs, I guess it's because I have short legs, but it could be that I still have big balls and those fins could do great damage.😕.
Last edited by Bill Bentley on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Good to see y'all back!
Have a peacefull and safe 2020 😊👍🤗.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin »

Good on you Bob. You have my full support and always will have, :D
BobH
Site Admin
Service details: DLOY - 1961 - 1966
14th/20th King's Hussars - 1966 - 1978
RAOC - 1978 - 1988

Post by BobH »

More About The New Website

Although brought about because our original website had been hijacked there were already some underlying reasons why it's a good move anyway.
  • We have paid for two hostings and up to four domains - We now have a single (cheaper) hosting and domain.
  • The Shop was closed for all the wrong reasons - It is now Open.
  • The old website has been maintained by a number of people, some of it good, some of it bad - In building the new website it's an opportunity to tidy up.
phpbb.jpg
phpbb.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 9180 times
  • The old Forum has not been Upgraded and is in danger of becoming inoperable - The new Forum is built on the very latest upgrade.
  • The Gallery doesn't work - It will soon :)
There is still lots to do to recover everything and, especially for the huge amount of photos, I will at some time in the future need access to the old hosting. We can only hope - It would be a disaster to loose so much effort by our members over many years.
Bob Harrison

Westhoughton born and Warburtons bred
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

Thanks for the info Bob afraid some of it is above my Pay Scale but Well done with all your efforts to get us all back on track and in communication with each other after years of hard graft running NOAR'S ARC you have mine and I am positive every true Hawk appreciates.
Health and Happiness to both of you for 2020
Mick/Marion :roll: :lol: :oops:
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Power to the people.
Rock on Bob, the latest legend amongst Hussars.
ATB
Pinky