That seems to be Some Kind of Climate you are having in Europe!

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

That seems to be Some Kind of Climate you are having in Europe!

Post by Arnie »

Hi Yall,

will refrain from bragging about our weather and instead commiserate with you in Europe for the weather you are having, and must not forget you in Canada. Seem to remember the winter of 1946/47 though it could have been 1947/48 but it was bloody cold as were many others before and after. So we can't blame it on Al Gore or my sweetheart Greta.

Wrap up and survive

My daily visits to NOAH'S ARC have proven fruitless so far this year.

Stay safe and as I said WRAP up, and have a peaceful New Year!

Arnie and Brenda
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Re: That seems to be Some Kind of Climate you are having in Europe!

Post by john kerwin »

Just 1 reply. it's bloody cold. :D
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
We had a very mild Oct-Dec with decent temps and only two snow falls of note.
But by God January has been bad - we've had -39 over night and -34 during some days and tons of snow.
That's not including the wind-chill.
Big coat time.........as Peter Kay would say.

Pinky
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Here on the Costa Calida in sunny Spain we have had less rain than I have spat out in the past 18 months or so. Nevertheless the spuds that I planted on the 6th of Dec are already knee high and I'm looking for two crops this year ! The storm winds are playing havoc with the trees that we planted and my supports are obviously no match for this weight of wind, so bigger stronger posts are on their way. We have occasionally dipped into single figures at night, but our mobile-home is still a cosy 19 - 20 degrees warm in the early morning, then we put the heating on till mid morning when the sun has over taken our thermostat at 22 -23 degrees. There are worse places to live !

Pinky, are you still in contact with Peter ? I know that he was looking at coming out here ... once family health issues had cleared up, but not heard from him for a while.

Good on ya Arnie !
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Hi Bill,
Not sure about this Peter fella..........any more info please?
In the pluses this week.......finally.

Pinky
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Pinky,
Peter Kay, you mentioned him in your previous post in this thread ... and I thought that I am forgetful ! :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Peter Kay - Bolton comedian, brilliant. Take a look on You Tube.

Pinky
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

Ah, l immediately locked on to Peter Kay 14/20H. Peter was with us in Höhne and, l think, later transfered to the RAF.
Never heard of your guy ...
Peter kay
Service details: Served with 14/20H 1977 - 1988

Post by Peter kay »

Hiya Bill and Pinky, l hope you are both keeping as well as possible.
Just an quick update for you Bill, I was given the all clear on my cancer after the operation so really happy about that. However the missus is just going from one bit of bad luck to another so the plan to move to Spain although its still my wish, I cannot see it happening anytime in the next couple of years.
Pinky I do remember you but as I left in 1988 it is a long time ago so I,m not surprised you dont remember me.
Final note lol, me and Peter kay were born at the same place Bolton but absolutely no relation.
All the best everybody
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

Hi Peter,
good to hear from you and pleased to hear that you are getting on top of things !
Don't loose hope of moving to Spain, life is much simpler here !
And the sun eases many an ache and pain !

We now have some land, so if you have a Motorhome, Caravan, Van or a Tent you are always most welcome to pitch up there, distant see views thrown in.

So, you have a double that's a funny bugger eh, l'll have to try and find him on the web, though l can't think what he has to laugh about coming from Bolton :lol:

Nice to see you on here, we could do with some fresh blood, most if us being pretty rusty these days ...
Stay safe old buddy !