Independence Day

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Independence Day

Post by Arnie »

It's here. You must all be very proud and Happy! If I were in UK I would be there in London for the Celebrations Tonight. Congratulations!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Re: Independence Day

Post by Bill Bentley »

Like you Arnie, if I were there I would be amongst 'em.

Out here, currently in Spain, I shall be celebrating democracy. The victory of the people over the clowns in, and outside of, parliament who tried to thwart the sacred 'will of the people'. Those who thought that by shouting and protesting louder and more often than the 'silent majority' they could have their own desired way. Those who call themselves Liberal, but only for as long as you agree with them, thereafter they are as radical as sin itself :shock: .

This is a momentous moment, where the peoples of our little island have again shown the world that we do not have to belong to the unelected dictators in Brussels or anywhere else ! We want to be able to throw out leaders who take us down the wrong path and that RIGHT has now been restored to us, the people.

So let us hope that Boris and his newly elected majority choose for us the right path, so that we can again enjoy peace and justice for the vast majority of our peoples, Amen :oops:.
Arnie
Service details: Enlisted in 14th/20th King's Hussars on 2 Feb 1959.
Served Hohne and Rheindahlen 1959 - 1962
Libya 1962 Cyprus with C Sqn Dec 1963 - Feb 1964. Returned to Benghazi
then to Tripoli with B Sqn until Sep 1964. Left for Courses in NBC then to 7 Armoured Brigade till 1967.
Transferred to Intelligence Corps 67. First posting to Northern Ireland 67 - 70.
Singapore 70 - 71, Hong Kong 71 - 72. NI 72 - 74. NITAT (Northern Ireland Training and Advisory Team) 74 - 76. Berlin 76 - 79. Final Posting, Preston Int and Security Section. Stupidly Retired on 1 Feb 81, and emigrated to Australia.

Post by Arnie »

Hi Bill, nearly as good as Lincoln's 'Gettysberg Address', possibly the most stirring prose ever written. Congratulations.
Pinky
Service details: 1979 JLR RAC. 14/20H then that other regiment. 1979-2003

Post by Pinky »

Howdy,
I find it a little odd that 3 hawks who don't even live in the UK commenting on this thread. That said I'm still very patriotic, I visit when I can (every 2 yrs) I love all things British, I watch British TV shows through Chromecast, I get up at any time to watch England or MUFC and I watch Coronation Street avidly. I promote Britain over here whenever it comes up in conversation and I supported BREXIT from day one in one capacity or another.
God save the Queen, Rule Britannia and Tally Ho into the next journey for our great island.
HUSSAR
Pinky
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

HI There my overseas Hawks.
Yes a momentous occasion in our lives and I too will open a " Shultheiss" and toast our European exit. Now we can prove to the doubters what tremendous talent there is in the UK to build a modern inventive financially savvy enterprising engineering country, who can bargain with the world not just this unelected CLUB.
Rule Britannia take care old friends Mick/Marion :lol: :roll: :oops: :o
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

Hi Fellas
Click on the link below and see a very eloquent address to the EU assembly by Nigel Farage Brilliant.
Mick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgmfpHBiDw&authuser=0
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Mick,

many thanks for that link. In spite of watching a boring amount of news on many a channel we had been unable to see the entire speech by Nigel Farage. Indeed I, we, sat up, way past our bedtime, to watch the celebration last evening and could not once get the full speech by the Prime Minister, just short cuttings, which do not give a true presentation of what has been, is being said. Clearly the press are still manipulating what we the people are being shown. Therein lays (lies) the next major hurdle, getting the press to REPORT and not MANIPULATE the news.

At the very end of the clip: full speech, the Irish lady pointed out that the word 'hate' had been used and reprimanded Nigel for using it. She said we should not hate anybody, a very noble position to assume.

In my opinion, a looser's attitude, THEY want to love and understand every poor, confused soul and that's why they also think that we should i.e.: invite former Islamic State fighters back into the fold. Sorry, but there are things that we should abhor or hate, for instance those who hate us and would show us no mercy, and those who assume the right to hold power and dictate to the people, without ever having themselves stood for election i.e.: Those in Brussels running the European Union.

I am willing and happy to follow a good leader, let us hope that our new team are up to the challenge, let us all lend our support, for it is no mean task, and let's make a success out of what is going to be a challenging future, within or outside of the European Union !