bikes

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

bikes

Post by john kerwin »

So now we are to get loads of new cycle lanes at the expense of other road users.
Why ? most of them ride on the pavement anyway. Lancaster has cycle lanes, that cost a bomb. For every cyclist that uses them 10 more ride on the footpaths, usually on the wrong side against the flow of traffic.
A girl I used to work with was stopped waiting for traffic to get going,This was at the traffic lights on red. She was hit head on by bike rider. This caused a lot of damage to the front of her car. All the cyclist had to say was, look at the state of my bike you are going to have to pay for this. Even when he was on the wrong side of the road, going at speed and not looking where he was going.
So if we are to get all these new cycle lanes. It should be made that Pavements are for pedestrians only, cycle lanes for cyclists and roads for motor vehicles ( the only ones who pay road tax)
And yes I do ride a bike. But not when it's teeming down and the wind howling. I suspect this goes for most cyclists. So for a great part of the British year all these bike lanes will be redundant. So why not spend all this cash on public transport.