cats

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

cats

Post by john kerwin »

help. someone must know how to keep these shit machines out of my garden :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
if my dog makes a mess on the road. I get fined up to £200. Yet these flea bags can come onto my property and crap all over the place, and nothing legal I can do. I'd shoot the lot of them.
They also kill birds just for the fun of it :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:. My grankids can't play in the garden.
Why are these evil animals allowed to roam free. and protected by law. !!!!!
BobH
Site Admin
Service details: DLOY - 1961 - 1966
14th/20th King's Hussars - 1966 - 1978
RAOC - 1978 - 1988

Re: cats

Post by BobH »

We have the same problem John. Never see the culprit but there is often scratch marks in the garden where an attempt at burying has been made.

We've now planted some Coleus Canina bushes (mint family) often referred to as 'Scaredy Cat' which, it is claimed, cats hate.

cat.jpg
cat.jpg (87.92 KiB) Viewed 3125 times
Bob Harrison

Westhoughton born and Warburtons bred
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Post by john kerwin »

Thanks Bob,
tried this but Cats seem to love it :D :D . Seems like they come from miles around just to roll in it, :D . Cat mint has the same effect. Have even tried a pepper and mustard mix.
They stay away when the dogs out, but can't keep her out all day. I hear Lion and Tiger dropping work well, but they are a bit scarce in these parts. :D :D. Suppose that's a good job, don't fancy chasing them :D
Michael Burgess
Service details: Boy's Sqn RAC 1956 B Sqn Berlin 1958. Stayed Regt Duty till 1990 then RAC Gunnery School till Xmas 2006. Completed 50years and 6 months service.

Post by Michael Burgess »

Hi John
Had the same issue in my last location got some rat trap cages baited them the cats got inside I then collected the cages drove some distance into the countryside released them and they never returned !!! :lol: :roll: :oops: :o
Mick/Marion max woof
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Our campsite in Spain has the same problem and all too many misguided 'animal lovers' feed them and ever more come to enjoy the feast. They breed without control, there must be 50 of the little cretins already. They are so cheeky that they sit just outside of the dog owners fences and piss at the dogs, who go mad !

For a dog friendly campsite this is nuts, but the owner is on the side of the misguided animal lovers.

Roaming cats kill up to 30 other animals a day, just for fun ! Not only birds and mice, but frogs, grasshoppers, beatles, butterflies and the like. In fact they are in no small way responsible for the decline in our important insects.

Not to worry, we have bought a couple of hectares of land in a 'lost valley' and if things don't get sorted we have the option to move there.

I am aiming at shooting rights, because there are thousands of rabbits and it will be all too easy to drop a moggy. Though I don't see them following us when the terriers are allowed to run free again :lol:.

There was a case of a guy running a + - 240V pair of naked cables along his fence. But he got into trouble because as well as frying a couple of moggies it was a life threatening danger to the neighbours kids :o :shock:.

I guess an air gun would sting their ass and they stay away if the realise that they are unwelcome.

They are very admirable creatures, but as usual it's the human owners who think that: 'they should not be regulated' that is the problem. On an open field Mother Nature would level things off ;) ;)
Woods 27
Service details: Served Jan 1975-Aug1987

Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne Northern Ireland Catterick

Post by Woods 27 »

John,

Why don't you invest in a trained owl(the bigger the better) they go out hunting at night and after a short time I"m sure you will start to find parts of dismembered cat bones. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?