Yesterday

This is our General Chat area where you can post messages about anything and everything of interest to everyone.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Yesterday

Post by Bill Bentley »

We hope that you all had a peaceful and thoughtful Armistice Day yesterday.
We choose rather to remember the living and so, try to amuse those of you who bother their butts to read the comments on this Noah's Arc Forum.

Making such a fuss about those who have gone is not very convincing when thousands of former service men and women are surviving on the streets with no place to call home.
Next time you see a cold, hungry person...
remember that old saying:
"There, but for the grace of God, go I."

However, clearly God, the Queen and all the Generals who were on parade yesterday don't care enough to solve this terrible problem :!:

So, when you see such an unfortunate wretch, buy them something warm to eat and give them a smile to show that you do care, Amen.
john kerwin
Service details: A sqn 14/20th Kings Hussars, 5th Troop and SHQ Troop. 1962 to 1966/7 and 2nd RTR, Benghazi tripoli cyprus perham down and omagh Ni

Re: Yesterday

Post by john kerwin »

Well said Bill.
Old and not so old vets are at a higher risk of suicide, than the rest of the population. But the westminster warriors don't give a F***. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Our local MP can't see a problem. He has even stated, that the problem does not exist. And poverty is all in peoples minds. :shock:
What happened to the, (WE WILL MAKE SURE ALL SERVICE PERSONEL WILL BE LOOKED AFTER) another load of crap.
Until the country once again needs the armed forces, it will not change.
And as for mental care, well what can you say. The mental care system is very sparse, and placements are few and far between.
So until governments get a grip. we will see more and more ex-service men and women sleeping rough.
Bill Bentley
Service details: 1970 - JLR RAC, 14/20KH, Para Sqn RAC, 14/20KH, Hereford, 14/20KH, 2 Para, DLOY - 1990.

Post by Bill Bentley »

Thanks for that John,

I was rather expecting a kick in the butt for that one.
Me being a heathen dog, not believing in any religion, especially NOT the major religions.
Me wanting to be a royalist, but struggling to see the reason why. Though I sincerely believe that we would be less well off without Her Majesty.
Me knowing Generals who are not worthy of their position, but others who I would follow into Hell's fire.
Me knowing former comrades, good men, who struggle to survive in todays 'systems' which seem to be designed to grind one down rather than help.

In this world of lilly-livered, wetback leadership, who's aim, it seems, is to gather the lowest common denominator of humanity and call it democracy when 75% of the people are not represented.

Is it any wonder that warriors choose to do their own thing :( .
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

Me again,

75% of people not represented in a democracy :?:.

OK:
It is being said rather loudly that Joe Biden collected 75 million votes, the largest number ever in a US election.
The population of the USA is around 330 million, of which 25% would be 82,5 million. He never even got that many :!:

The numbers look even worse if you look closer to home :o

So, does democracy really represent the majority of the peoples of any nation, or is it a scam ?

Is it just another word for the ruling minority :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Woods 27
Service details: Served Jan 1975-Aug1987

Herford Cyprus Bovington Hohne Northern Ireland Catterick

Post by Woods 27 »

Bill.

Whenever I see homeless in the center of Manchester most of them always seem to be with a dog what I do is buy them a burger and some dog food I never give them cash because they only spend it on drink and or drugs. Manchester Piccadilly center is full of spice head zombies the gardens are a disgrace. If I was in charge I would Make the dirty bastards clean it up and then give them food vouchers for every black bag of rubbish they collect.

YOU SIGN PHIL JONES :-( :-( :-( WE SIGN KUN AGUERO :-) :-) :-)
C.T.I.D. :-) :-) :-) ⓜⓒⓕⓒ I WAS THERE WHEN WE WERE SHIT ¿? ¿? ¿?
Bill Bentley

Post by Bill Bentley »

Tony,

that is exactly the right attitude, in my opinion, well said and well done !

Give those on the street food not cash, and a smile :).

Offering them a way to earn for themselves a shelter for the night AND for the daytime.

What would it cost the Railway Companies to have a mobile cafe, swapping warm food and drinks in exchange for a sack full of rubbish ?
Less than paying some union run industrial cleaning company to collect it, I'll wager, and as you say, it's just not getting done anyway.

Open the bloody churches and give those lost souls a place of shelter and perhaps 'hope' to rebuild their lives upon.
That's what I imagine God would have wanted.
Not pervert priests and sheds full of gold hidden behind locked doors :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Unfortunately I have never heard of a Cardinal or Bishop melting down their priceless icons to feed those who donated the money in the first place, have you ?